Disaster Recovery Plan as a Service (DRPaaS)
When there is a need for a disaster recovery, our Backup as a Service can be extended by making use of the DRP capabilities that are already in place in our datacenter(s).
All elements are already in place at the System Solutions datacenter(s) to ensure service recoverability and data availability by maximising on the following solutions :
- Advanced virtualisation technologies enabling
- capability to recover critical data to a standby environment
- deployment of the virtual environment on a recovery server for fast service recovery
- Replicated storage solution(s)
- Pre-configured virtual systems that can be enabled at any time to recover your critical applications and processes
The Disaster Recovery solution that is optionally available from System Solutions Backup as a Service is a Cold Standby solution. This means that the backup data is available at all times, but the systems need to be activated in case of a disaster situation. Not only data recovery capability, but also a full recovery service including validated test plans can be offered.
Alternatively Warm Standby and Hot Standby DRP are possible, but in a separate offer and not as add-on to Backup as a Service. Warm Standby means that the customer recovery environment is on standby and can be activated on short notice, whereas for Hot Standby the recovery platform is permanently activated to minimise recovery time (RTO).
For Warm Standby and Hot Standby, technologies such as asynchronous or synchronous data replication will be advised instead of the use of backup data.